Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Things Our Children Force Us to Say

Below you will find a list of things I have said to my children that have shocked me.  I either can’t believe I had to say them, or I can’t believe that I did say them.  As all of us parents know, our children really do bring out the best in us.

Enjoy.

-You need to eat your pizza and then you can have some strawberries.

-We put on clean undies EVERY day.

-We put on clean socks EVERY day.

-You may take one package of fruit snacks in your lunch.  You do not need two packages and a fruit roll up.

-No they are not fruit, fruit snacks are candy shaped like fruit.

-We go poop in the potty, not in our panties.

-You no longer need to tell me that you don’t want to empty the dish washer, I will always assume that you don’t.

-You need to drag the brush through the tangles, not just over the tangles.

-Yes, you need to brush your hair every day.

-Take your fingers out of your mouth.

-Stop chewing your finger nails.

-Your finger is peeling because you chew your finger nails.

-Go back to the shower and wash your face.

-No, nachos are NOT a healthy lunch.

-No wonder you have a tummy ache, you ate 3/4 of the bag of doughnut in less than 24 hours!

-Everyone goes poop in the potty.  Daddy, Mommy, Josh, Hannah, Jaxon, Hunter…

-Everyone gets up in the morning and goes pee.  Daddy, Mommy, Josh, Hannah, Jaxon, Hunter…

-Do not put your feet in the sink!

-Just rinse the sink out and then you can brush your teeth.

-THOSE ARE NOT GENTLE WORDS!  WE USE GENTLE WORDS IN OUR HOUSE!!!

-No, I did not know that there are three kinds of light sabers. 

-That story you just told me about Star Wars that was ten minutes long was so interesting.

-So you are Anna and Hannah is Elsa and Josh is Hans, so who is mommy?

-No, I don’t want to be Sven.

-Take Daddy’s underwear off of your head.  No wait!  Let me take a picture first.

-STOP YELLING AT YOUR SISTER!!

-Yes, your poop does look like a big stick.

-Do not go in the little plastic house to poop!

-Why did you just go in the little plastic house and poop in your panties?!

-Seriously?  Seriously?

 

Thank you, I’ll be here all night…and all day.

 

post signature


No comments:

We're Going to Bulgaria...Soon

When we were filling out our adoption applications 4 years ago, we had no idea what we were getting in to.  And as we have been waiting for ...