Wednesday, November 9, 2016

What Really Matters

For the sake of Jacob my servant, of Israel my chosen, I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor, though you do not acknowledge me. I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. Isaiah 45:4-6

 

When did I forget that you’ll always be the King of the world?

How could I make you so small, when you’re the One that holds it all?

When did I forget that you’ll always be the King of the world?*

 

Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness. I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel. Isaiah 46:3-4, 12-13

 

Our God is the Lion, the Lion of Judah. He’s roaring with power and fighting our battles .

For who can stop the Lord Almighty?

Our God is the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain. For the sins of the world, His blood breaks the chains.

For who can stop the Lord Almighty?**

 

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:6-8

 

Our God is the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain.  For the sins of the world, HIS BLOOD BREAKS THE CHAINS!

And every knee will bow before Him.

 

 

Want to know more?  Leave me a comment.

 

post signature

 

 

*Lyrics by Natalie Grant, King of the World

**Lyric by Big Daddy Weave, Lion and the Lamb

1 comment:

Kay said...

Truth! Excellent and perfect timing for sharing. Right where America is at. TY

We're Going to Bulgaria...Soon

When we were filling out our adoption applications 4 years ago, we had no idea what we were getting in to.  And as we have been waiting for ...