Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Celebrating 20 Years

This is the day we said “I do”

Twenty years ago, is it really true?

Standing in front of God and Man

Declaring our vows

Hand in hand

As she sang to words “God Bless Our Love”

We lit a candle to symbolize we are one

You kissed me fervently

Then up the aisle we went

We cried as we hugged our family and friends

Hoping the joy of the day

Would never end

They blew bubbles as we departed

For the life that we were eager to get started

So much time has passed since our wedding day

Growing up with you keeps getting better and better

Wouldn’t you say?

Happy anniversary, Shad

You are the man of my life

I’m so thankful that I get to be your wife!

 

Love,

Rebekah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rebekah for being my wife and writing this poem. I agree that our relationship get better and better as time goes on. I love you and always will.

Your Loving Husband

We're Going to Bulgaria...Soon

When we were filling out our adoption applications 4 years ago, we had no idea what we were getting in to.  And as we have been waiting for ...