Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Back to Haiti



When I was asked to join the board for Heartline Foundation, I was surprised and humbled.  After talking to Shad and praying about it, I accepted that amazing offer.  It has been an honor to be at the phone meetings and actually get to work with Heartline, helping to raise funds for the Ministry.  Because I joined the board, I was given the opportunity to go back to Haiti, and I accepted.

If it was surreal to be in Haiti once this year, it is REALLY crazy that I am going back for a second time this year.  And because he is my partner in life and I am not ready to travel internationally by myself, Shad is coming with me.  We are excited to be leaving on Friday night for another week in Haiti.  The grandparents are all arranged to take care of the kids. The daily schedule and emergency contact numbers are all written out, the house is fairly clean and I will stock the fridge tomorrow with easy to prepare foods so the grandmas don't have to cook.

Please pray for us as we travel, for safety and rest.  Please pray that God would open our hearts to Haiti and the people that we meet and that relationships will be built with the Haitians and the Heartline staff.  Also please pray for the grandmas as they take care of the kids and try to maintain our busy schedule.  And, finally, pray for the kids.  They have been a little apprehensive about us leaving this time. 

Thank you!


No comments:

We're Going to Bulgaria...Soon

When we were filling out our adoption applications 4 years ago, we had no idea what we were getting in to.  And as we have been waiting for ...