Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Beautiful Encouragement

Slowly by surely we are getting together quite the running team for our Run For Life Haiti.  And even though we are only at $15, I am so humbled by the amount of support we have been receiving through friends on Facebook, emails and verbally.  I am very excited for our 5K that we will be running locally on January 6, 2013.  I tend to run in the mornings after I put Josh and Hannah on the bus.  Bethany comes with me in the jogger stroller.  Yesterday, we woke to steady rain and it was pretty chilly.  Normally, that would be just enough for me to excuse myself from a run.  But, I made myself go anyway.  As I started to run, the rain picked up a bit and the battery died on my MP3 player.  Yet more excuses to cut it short and head home.  I ended up doing my entire 2.25 mile run, with no music and totally soaked.  When I got home, I went onto Facebook and I saw this picture on the Run For Life Haiti page.

 

Ladies in Haiti praying

 

The caption beneath the picture said this:

“Be encouraged, the women of Haiti are praying WITH US. Together, we can all make a difference - for life. Together, we are running beside one another.”

 

I feel so blessed to be a part of this endeavor to raise $800,000 for the Heartline Ministries new maternity center.  And I am so thankful for all the friends that have come beside me to run, to give and to support.

 

post signature

No comments:

We're Going to Bulgaria...Soon

When we were filling out our adoption applications 4 years ago, we had no idea what we were getting in to.  And as we have been waiting for ...